Sunday, February 20, 2005

In the night
I run down
the empty streets of
a missing American dream

In daylight
I work my nine to five
like a robot to machine

hanging from ceiling strings on plastic smiles
plastic hands, plastic suits, not a sign of flesh in sight
this town can break you apart
rip your bones from your back
make you question your start
make you hate the art

no matter the weather everything’s not lost
rain or snow you can’t stop me now
I’ll show the world I’m not false
this is me, even if you question how?

the subway’s packed with fallen heroes
with their life on the line
everyone’s holding signs trying to find their way out
with their dignity and pride
and one day we’ll get it when we’re not looking for it
but now we’re just trying not to cross the line

cross out the line
cross out the day
this is the moment we all escape
cross out the love
cross out the pain
this is the moment we all escape
cross out the sign
cross out the way
this is the moment we all escape

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home